PRIVATE DINNER PARTY, Eleanor Willcox





I really do enjoy catering for Private Dinner Parties and I get passionate about them from the very first moment, starting with the initial confirmation of the date, right up until I get to prepare, cook and serve the food.  It gives me a great buzz when  I am in full swing, cooking away in the kitchen and it makes it all the more rewarding when I get such brilliant feedback as I did tonight. When I finish cooking for the evening, I always find it further rewarding to update my blog with a small write up, including some photos that I have taken from the Dinner Party.

My latest Dinner party was for Eleanor Willcox near Fleet, Hampshire, who was celebrating her Birthday with close friends and family. After exchanging a few emails and a telephone conversation to finalise Eleanor's menu, I was confident in some great choices that I would put together to ensure a fantastic evening, deserving of a Birthday celebration.

I arrived to a lovely converted bungalow with a beautiful spacious kitchen, giving me plenty of room to unpack and set up. Eleanor had gone to a lot of trouble organising her evening, even making up little menu cards for the table which were very elegant and looked really great. I usually supply napkins but there were some pretty little "Ladies shoes" already done so I just finished off the table with my cutlery. Everything went really well, from starter to dessert and I enjoyed meeting a fantastic bunch of people who really appreciated my food. Eleanor and Kevin were brilliant hosts and I was made to feel very welcome. It was  a pleasure cooking for everyone and I am sure I will do again in the future.







Menu


To begin:


Platter of:
Parma ham, rocket leaves and parmesan shavings, 
Dijon mustard, honey and sesame glazed pork chipolatas, 
Sizzling chorizo and red peppers,  
Marinated green olives, blush tomato and fresh basil,
 Freshly made cheddar, blush tomato and spring onion loaf, olive oil and balsamic.


Main-course:

Beef fillet Wellington, wrapped with chicken liver pate, Parma ham and puff pastry, red wine gravy.
Rosemary roasted baby potatoes, glazed carrots and parsnips, steamed broccoli.


To finish:

Trio of desserts:
Chocolate orange cheese cake,
Lemon crème brulee, honeycomb,
Raspberry cheese cake, fresh raspberries.








"Thank you so much for the fine feast that you put together for my birthday. Kevin has said that it was the best meal that he has ever eaten. We were very impressed with the quality of the ingredients that you used as well as the presentation and how delicious it all was. You have been brilliant throughout - I had a few guests who either had food allergies or were fussy eaters, but every time I spoke to you, you put me at ease and found alternatives - you are extremely knowledgeable and very professional in your field. 

Thanks once again for your part in making my birthday perfect" Eleanor and Kevin Willcox


Comments