PRIVATE DINNER PARTY, Helen Black



December kicked off for me really well and I have been really busy with my Private Dinner Parties. This weekend has been no exception and cooking for Helen was my last of three. I really enjoyed making a Thai inspired butternut squash soup to start, a great chicken main course, followed by a perfect winter brioche bread and butter pudding with rum, vanilla and orange. I cooked for Helen as a guest at a previous Private Dinner Party at the beginning of the year and it was great to expand my client base when I was invited to cook at her house for her husband Steve and her friends.

It was great to see Helen again and meet Steve and it was a pleasure cooking for everyone to celebrate Steve's Birthday. The weekend was finished off perfectly with everyone enjoying the food and I appreciated my customary cold beer after the man course was sent. Thanks to Helen and Steve for being fantastic hosts.



Menu

To Start:

Thai inspired roasted butternut squash and coconut soup, chilli, fresh coriander and lime.

Freshly baked granary bread.


Main-Course:

Honey and soy glazed chicken breast,
Confit of 5 spice chicken drumstick,
Chicken thigh, wrapped in crispy bacon, red wine jus,
Sea salt crackling.

Served with:

Baby roast potatoes, sauté leeks and greens in garlic butter, baby carrots, asparagus spears.

To finish:

Brioche vanilla and orange bread and butter pudding, chilled cinnamon and rum custard,
Toasted crushed hazelnuts and honeycomb.







Comments