Private Dinner Party, Kelly and Alan Reid


Another fab night cooking at the Reid's!! With so many Private Dinner Parties catered for and loving every single I could never decide on a top ten but I would be hard pushed not to put my latest in Chandlers Ford up there with one of the best. As a second visit, I was totally at ease and the menu definitely gave me the opportunity to really shine in terms of producing not only some amazing tasting and delicious cuisine but some truly elegant and delectable dishes. I always put a lot of energy and pride into my Chicken dishes as it can often be looked at as a "safe option" But dedicating a lot of time and hard work into my latest main course, I would say that I produced my most favourite chicken dish of all time and it was certainly well received. Served as the star dish after a delightfully light starter of Crab and Smoked Salmon and then finished off with an extra special trio of desserts. Including a new addition to my  repertoire of Sticky toffee and Dark Rum Pudding with salted Caramel and Popcorn Ice cream went exceptionally well and ending off the Dinner perfectly.

Kelly and Alan were perfect hosts, ensuring I had a hot cup of Tea to start the evening off, also being so congenial and most friendly at the end of the evening, having me join them  for a glass of delicious red wine and some fine Cheeses. It was a delight  chatting with Norman, who helped make the evening with his entertaining banter, also having a go at producing some sugar work which was a pleasure to watch.






Menu


Canapes:

Goats Cheese, Parma Ham, Blush Tomato,
x x x
Chicken Satay, Toasted Cashew and Chilli,
x x x
Marinated Crayfish Tails, Lemon and Pickled Ginger,


To Start:

White Crab Meat, Smoked Salmon, Avocado, Dijon Mustard, Horseradish,


Main-Course:

Assiette of Roast Chicken,:
Pan fried Supreme, Blush Tomatoes, Mozzarella, Parma ham, 
Confit of Drumstick, 
Garlic and Tarragon Butter Kiev, 
Slow roasted Tomato and Fresh Basil Sauce,

Sweet Potato Puree, Potato Fondant, Baby Asparagus, Parsnip Crisps,


To Finish:

Trio of Desserts:
Sticky Toffee and Rum Pudding, Salted Popcorn and Caramel Ice Cream, 
Chilled Vanilla Custard, Pecan Brittle,
x x x
Vanilla and Honeycomb Brulee, 
x x x 
Dark Chocolate and Strawberry Cheese Cake, Coconut Tuille.











"Gary you are my chef fairy of total loveliness thank you so much for another outstanding evening!"  
Kelly Reid,


For further enquiries, please contact me via email or telephone.
Tel: 07775560126   Email: Chef@Chefgary.co.uk


Comments