PRIVATE DINNER PARTY, Sharon Sothcott.



When I am recommended for a private dinner party, there is nothing more rewarding for me when having cooked a fantastic dinner, I get great feed back from the evening. My latest dinner party was for six ladies celebrating their friendship over Christmas by booking me to cook for them in their home. I tailored a menu together to suit the occasion and have been looking forwards to being able to provide by bespoke services so that they could relax and enjoy the food while I waited on them.

I arrived just before the guests so that I could set up and was introduced as they all arrived. Everyone was really friendly and I served the first course of canapes in the lounge before the ladies sat at the dining table to enjoy my beef fillet Wellington. This has become my most popular of dishes for the main course and it is definitely one of my favourite to cook. I use the best quality fillet steak, seared in a roasting hot pan to give the edges a great caramelised flavour, before wrapping in puff pastry with wild mushroom pate and Parma ham. I place a thin pancake over the fillet to absorb any natural cooking juices so the pastry stays crisp during cooking. My ladies tonight had it served rare which is definitely the best way to eat a great tender piece of fine fillet steak. 

The hospitality from Sharon was excellent and I had to resist a cold beer until the main course was sent. I was really chuffed with all the feedback I received and it carried onto the last course. A trio of desserts is another popular option and I served three different desserts in small portions to experience difference in flavours and textures.

                                              
                                             
                                               Menu for Sharon Sothcott                                                                      



To startSelection of canapés,

Bruschetta: Spiced guacamole, chilli and fresh coriander.

Pork and wholegrain mustard chipolatas, glazed with honey and sesame.

Crispy vegetable spring roll, Hoi sin sauce.

Goats cheese in filo pastry, blush tomato and black olive.



Main-Course:

Beef fillet Wellington: Wild mushroom pate, Parma ham, puff pastry, Red wine gravy.

Served with:

Fondant potato, honey roast chantenay carrots, sauté broccoli florets, baby spinach.

Or

Roasted butternut squash, garlic, ginger and fresh coriander.
Puy lentils, baby spinach, chilli and tomato salsa.



To finish:

Trio of desserts:

Toffee and Bailey’s cheesecake,
Raspberry and lemon pannacotta,
Chocolate and hazelnut brownie. 











"Thank you for last night. The food was superb!! All the girls were raving over a perfect evening, one we are all hoping to repeat soon. Thanks again"
Sharon Sothcott.

Comments