Private Dinner Party, Mark Sherwin, Fleet



For all of my Private Dinner Parties, I arrive between one and two hours to give me time to unpack my equipment and ingredients and set up for a great evening of cooking. It was my first time cooking for Mark's family and friends and it was great to meet them, being welcomed very warmly. The kitchen was ideal to work in, with plenty of work top space and Mark had kindly left a little room in the fridge for me to chill the desserts whist I prepared the rest of the menu. It was a surprise evening for the girls so they were out when I arrived and the secret stayed until they came back to see my ChefGary van parked outside!

My passion for cooking is evoked in abundance when catering for Private Dinner Parties, creating elegant and tasty plates of food in an intimate home environment. My latest Dinner Party was in Fleet, North Hampshire, and it was a complete pleasure to cook for such solicitous and benevolent hosts. I cooked with some of my favourite ingredients, with Asian influence coming into a lot of the menu. I particularly enjoyed preparing and serving the main course, using two separate cuts of beef to create different textures. Inspired from flavours of Thai and Chinese cuisine, I used modern presentation techniques to make one of my signature dishes, utilising fusion cooking.

I received fantastic compliments after each course, making the whole evening really rewarding. It was great to be asked questions about each dish as they were served and to chat at the end of the night about the ingredients I used and my work as a Personal Chef. Definitely in my top ten Dinner Parties, I will be looking forwards to doing it all again soon.






Menu


To Begin:

Tempura King Prawn, Red Chilli, Mango, lIme,

Celeriac remoulade, White Crab meat, Wasabi Creme Fraiche,

To Start:

Seared King Scallops, Black pudding, Crushed peas, Parma ham crisps,

Main-Course:

Asian Inspired Duo of Beef cuts,
Teryaki Marinated Fillet, Soy, Honey and Ginger,
Slow braised Shoulder, Coconut, Lemon Grass, Chilli, Kaffir Lime,
Wild Red Rice, Soy glazed Mushrooms, Sugar snap Peas,

To Finish:

Trio of Desserts:

Summer Berry Pudding, vanilla cream,
Strawberry, Mango, Basil and Coconut Sushi, Lime Syrup,
Cardamom and Saffron Creme Brulee.











"Hi Gary

Just a quick note to say a huge thank you for a fantastic service last night.  The food was fantastic - especially the main. It was a lovely evening and you left the kitchen cleaner than you found it!"



For further enquiries, please contact me via email or telephone.
Tel: 07775560126   Email: Chef@Chefgary.co.uk





Comments